Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Up at sunrise

We woke up at 4:30 in the morning to meet up with our tour guide Jack Koopa. We originally were suppose to couch surf at Jack's house but ended up staying in a hotel the whole time. The hotels were cheap and more in the town where we wanted to be.

We met Jack and went up the hill to watch the sunrise.. Here are a series of pictures from it. It was a pretty incredible view and best place to enjoy coffee and breakfast! :)








Best view I've ever had coffee to. 
 The sunrise was beautiful over the lake. We had coffee and bagels watching it. Then we went to the zip line where we did a mini one to the other side.. hiked up a bit and then enjoyed the 400 meter zip line. It had amazing views of the lake, volcanos, and greenery. 
The view right by the zip line

Not recommend for those with nervous conditions.. 


My Dad choose to do superman style. I did not. 


Right on the water our third night in San Pedro La Laguna
I already wish I was here again. 

 The second place we stayed was right on the water. Not bad for 15 a night right??


I also enjoyed an hour and 30 minute hot stone massage. It was wonderful except one of the stones burned my upper shoulder and now it kinda feels like a sunburn


I could not be happier on this trip. Everyday has just been filled with fun. Making new friends, being adventurous, outdoorsy, relaxing, living... I could not ask for more. And its just going to continue to get better because tomorrow my Mom and Taylor will be meeting up with us for 11 days in Belize! :D!! 

We fly out of Guatemala city at 1 tomorrow and our connecting flight in San Salvador is the same one Taylor and my mom are on. So we will all be flying into Belize city together! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment