Wednesday, November 2, 2011

5 days till we depart!

I cannot believe we leave in FIVE days!! I feel like this trip has been in the making for over a year and the fact that its almost here is a little unreal! I am looking so forward to arriving and starting it all! I think what I am most excited for is all the food we get to eat! Thats one of my favorite parts of traveling! The different foods in the different countries! I will be taking lots of pictures of the dishes we eat so I will have plenty of those to share! :) I am also looking forward to meeting the people we are staying with! Everyone just seems so awesome and excited for us to come! It is going to be such a one of a kind experience! 

When my friend Sarah saw what I had packed her reaction was "NO WAY MEG- you need to pack more!!" haha! It was a reaction I expected because I really am not packing a lot for the 8 weeks I'll be there but I will manage. The lighter my backpack the better -- we will be moving around a lot! One thing though I am not trying to win any beauty pageant when I'm there and how I look is the least of my worries. I'll be rocking a ponytail and comfortable traveling clothes. However, I can't lie.. I do have Taylor bringing me some dresses and shoes for when they meet us in Belize! :) That part of the trip will be the vacation part --the rest will be pure adventure.

Here is a preview of what I have packed-

One thing I didn't limit is bathing suits. I plan to spend majority of my time on the BEACH! Wether it be surfing, laying out, reading or exploring -- I want to be in a suit in the sunshine! I can't wait to be tan again! :) 



3 comments:

  1. Reading the blog is making it even that much harder to face reality. The fact that you and your 2 tshirts, 2 tank tops, 1 pair of pants and 5 bathing suits are leaving me Monday makes me selfishly depressed. But more than ever I am excited for you and Mark to get out and explore a place you have never seen :) I am proud of everything you have done and lucky to have you as a best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is from evan-
    i will miss you. I like your bike.
    Evan
    Age 5

    ReplyDelete