Friday, November 11, 2011

Our first couchsurfing experience

We have finally experienced our first stay at someones house and it was a GREAT experience. Not only did we get to see multiple sights in one day but the family was extremely hospitable and we could not of asked for a better experience.

We arrived in Santa Ana and were shown around by Christopher (Andres dad) while Andres was at soccer practice. He spoke little English but communicated well. He took us all around Santa Ana. We were able to  see all the sights we had hoped to while we were in Santa Ana.

My Dad getting his sandals shined
We went to Lago De Coatepeque which is a beautiful lake. We had cervezas and enjoyed the view both overlooking the lake and then down on the lake as well.
Christopher and my Dad at Lago De Coatepeque


After we went to the Mayan ruins. It was interesting to see all they had dug up from the site.
Mayan Ruins

After the ruins we enjoyed Yucas which is a traditional El Salvadorian dish. It wasn't my favorite thing but I'm sure if I lived here and ate it more I would like it.


At night we went to dinner with the whole family and enjoyed pupusas at an authentic El Salvadorian restaurant. They were really good. It was Andre's mom- Silvia's birthday. Their family was very welcoming and it felt like we had known them but longer then just a day. The brother Luis, Andres and sister Griselda all spoke great English which was very nice.

After dinner I went out with Andres and his friend Vicente to a bar called Trenchtown. It was a rasta themed bar that was very chill and fun. There was even a fire show. The guy who did the fire show gave me a bracelet before I left. Everyone is just so nice here. I have gotten bracelets from every place I have been so far. I will have quite the collection when I return home.

Andres, Vicente and I at Trenchtown  


It was sad leaving Andres family because we felt so comfortable and welcomed but I look forward to the next house we are going. 

3 comments:

  1. Its sooo crazy!! It already looks like you've done so much!! Haha I love that you brought that floral dress!! haha. I am so happy that you are having a great time, not that there was a doubt that you would. Can't believe you are already on day 4. Time is already going by so far. Embrace it all. Love you! I don't know why it says "unknown" for my name, but its me, Tay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya and who are the locals? ;)

    ReplyDelete